Majority of people tend to overlook the wooden timber flooring because it is pretty more expensive compared to other kind of floorings. However, there are massive benefits of this wood flooring, which outweighs its expensiveness.
10 benefits of wooden flooring
1. Wooden flooring lasts for decades, whereas the carpets and rugs has to be replaced in 3 to 5 years because they have holes, stains or shabbiness in them. This happens since all of it goes through daily wear, as well as tear.
2. Wood floors are convenient to clean in comparison to carpets. Mild brush strokes or simple vacuum cleaning would do for maintenance. Whereas, carpet owners go through a lot of stress to maintain them.
3. It is far hygienic than the carpets because it doesn’t harbour the parasites, dust mites, fleas, allergens etc. This becomes more vital when there are pets at home.
4. Wooden floors emit the aroma of its polish, while the carpets tend to trap unpleasant odours that are the result of continuous usage and something being spilt.
5. Wood is efficiently great medium, wherever the heating apparatus for under-floor has been installed. It makes the heating of house more cost-efficient.
6. After a decade or so, when the wood floor looks untidy because of the scratches and damages, the repair is convenient. Simple seal and sanding of the wood floor would make it absolutely shining, as well as new. It is a short and precise process, which is indeed very low cost in comparison to the refitting of fresh or new carpets.
7. Hardwood floors give timeless appeal, which is the imminent quality of wood. The various patters of carpet would come and go, but the appeal of wood will stay and last for centuries. The old it goes, the better it gets.
8. Till sometime ago, wood flooring was considered to be a rich’s possession; but with the advent of modern production methods it has become affordable. The floorings with wood can be made and installed within all type of budgetary constraints.
9. Though, tile floors and stones have the same qualities as that of a wooden floor, but they do not offer the same feel and warmth that the timber floors render.
10. It is a fact that the houses with timber floors, sell more quickly in comparison to the houses, which have other kind of flooring finish. The value of home instantly increases with fitting of wooden floor.
Overall, fitting the timber floor is always going to cost just once, but the maintenance and resale value of the house would escalate manifold.